If you like cold brewed coffee, we're certain you'll love the simplicity of the Hario Mizudashi Cold Brew Pot. Unlike Cold Drip, where the water flows freely through the coffee grind, the Mizudashi is a total immersion brewing method, which produces a ready to use cold brew that can be served straight from the fridge.
This simple and classic brewing system brings out coffee’s flavour and aroma by slowly allowing the coffee oils to infuse with cold water over an extended brewing time. Brewing your coffee with cold water preserves delicate flavour compounds, while eliminating the bitter oils and acids that would be extracted at higher temperatures. A fine grade mesh filter ensures the clarity of the finished beverage. Makes up to 600ml of cold brew coffee, perfect as a base for iced coffee drinks.
For best results, we recommend using a ratio of 80g/L water.
1. Add ground coffee to mesh filter
2. Place filter into the carafe
3. Slowly fill with cool, preferably filtered water
4. Once filled, replace the lid and put in the fridge
5. Brew for 12-18hrs
6. Remove filter and put grinds in the compost
7. Store the carafe in the fridge with your freshly brewed coffee, or serve immediately!
**Please note that Mizudashi may come in a different colour (black/dark brown/dark red)